Sunday, August 2, 2009

Midwest Landscapes Exhibit




















After a full morning of blueberry picking on Friday I got my gears shifted to spend a couple hours at the Wings Over Alma artists reception. It was a small event as there were many other activities going on for people to attend that day. The postcard doesn't do justice to the photography. Dennis Newton's shots of Lake Pepin and the area were awesome. He does the large format printing himself and I was interested in that process. I got a chance to get to know Chelsea Golden better. She had some photography displayed, too, and she is a real sweetie! So talented--as is her husband Ben, who has been exhibited often at WOA. Jean Accola and her husband, Yata, had some beautiful oils and photography on display, too. I have admired her work for years -- they have a gallery in Durand. My offerings are pictured -- two views of Catfish Corner and one of the Beef Slough.

No comments: