Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What are you going to do?

That's what I think their little cartoon bubbles would say at this point!

This is the kind of shot I have on hand for days like this. There isn't a real descriptive photo for everything that has been going on here in preparation for the Fall Art Tour. Maybe one of the vacuum cleaner? Art being hung? Cobwebs on the ceiling?

Transforming the workshop into "art gallery" has been challenging since I wanted to have it look good (decent, not too messy) for a press interview. I was visited today by Pam Powers of the Leader-Telegram newspaper in Eau Claire to do an article about my studio and the Art Tour. Being interviewed is strange--trying to tell the story, hit the high points, don't say anything too stupid, and keep my mouth shut if there is a camera around. Pam asked some thought provoking questions that---well, I guess I'll have to read the article to see what I said because I think I was at blabber point by then. It will be in the Sunday paper the week before the tour.

She took pictures of the studio, but also some for rural flavor--chickens, geese and we even got Paisley up on Chy. The "children" who are normally full of cat and horsenality were suddenly having to be coaxed with treats to come out and have their pictures taken.

No comments: