Saturday, February 6, 2010

Winter Wonderfulness

I made a comment yesterday on Facebook stating that "I love winter". Surely, I jest! Blasphemy!

No, really! I dig winter--sometimes literally, but hey, here are some COOL reasons to appreciate our four months farthest from the sun. In true Letterman form----the top 10 list of Why I Love Winter.

10. Crisp clean air that can make the nose hairs tickle.
9. Getting to go cross country skiing and snowshoeing.
8. Uninterrupted time to devote to projects and reading. It's just like a vacation.
7. Feeding the birds and wildlife--those that are here for winter!
6. Fires in the fireplace.
5. Going for a long walk on the coldest, nastiest, windiest day--just to do it.
4. Baking bread and making other dishes that I never make in the summer.
3. Undemanding time with the horses. They enjoy the break, too.
2. No noisy motorcycles and all the excessive traffic.
And the number one reason.......
1. No mosquitoes, flies, wood ticks or other pesky creepy crawlies!

There are probably more but I'm on my way outside to enjoy the day I was given.

1 comment:

Wanda said...

I agree! I love it, of course I know it makes a big difference that I don't have to be in the car, on the road, at zero dark thirty, headed to work! :-)