Friday, February 5, 2010

Patterned After Greatness

Here is a pattern for a patriotic lampshade I have been contemplating for awhile now. Several projects are in the works right now, so I'm not sure when I'll start cutting glass for it, but, like so many projects--it will get its day eventually. I usually don't make 3D mock ups, but this one needed a closer look to make sure the pattern would fit right on the corner seams.

I have been having lots of shop time these days. Winter is a good time to focus on creativity while there are fewer distractions like gardening and horses.

I sent in my application to participate in the spring version of the Fresh Art Tour. It will be held May 14, 15, 16 -- the weekend after Mothers Day. By then the days will be warming up and I'll be thinking about getting the garden planted.

1 comment:

Wanda said...

It's on my calendar, hopefully nicer weather than last year's cool and rainy days.