Friday, July 16, 2021

Finding a Happy Place

 

The outside of a horse is good for the inside of this girl. Getting out for a little jaunt can get me out of my head for a respite. A reminder that God is in control and His will, in His time.  All happens for reasons He knows. Reminds me of an old tv series......"Patience, Grasshopper." 

I'm still immensely pissed off about Phoebe's dognapping. Knowing what we know about the abductor, and heaven only knows the "why", has continued to be distressing. Speculation has been made that he's in dementia. All we know is he's a destructive opportunist who came to our house as a welcomed visitor and returned a second time for the express reason of taking our dog. And why not? He spent nearly all his time here asking questions about her. Admiring her. Inquiring. "How old is she?" "Do we like her?" "Does she retrieve?" "She would be nice to take out to North Dakota pheasant hunting!" "Is she up to date on her shots?" Seemingly innocent questions, albeit probing, until she disappears a day and a half later. We've done what we can to investigate through the law. He even went to the sheriff's office to complain about ME making derogatory comments about him on Facebook! Sounds like a little old man who has a guilty conscience. At any rate, he dumped her off with someone one else. The deputies didn't find her at his home. We have done everything we can to try to locate her. I can only pray she is with someone who will take good care of her. 

In the meantime we have a new doggie soul to nurture and he has been my constant companion. Starting over with a boy pup this time is new for me. I have never had a male dog. Windsor is six months old now and looking good. He's full of all that puppy charm and mischief, but has been amazingly less destructive than Phoebe. He knows his name. He comes when he is called. AMAZING, indeed. Maybe we got an easy one this time. 

 
He was born four days after Phoebe was abducted. He was going to be the "little brother" and after two other failed attempts to get a pup from this particular breeder, we got this one by default. He was returned to the breeder because he was declared "too vicious". I don't think those Iowa folks had experienced a puppy before because, well....puppies bite! They had no patience for it so I made the trip to Wisconsin Rapids to pick him up in March. He's a brown clown like they all are! I so wish Phoebe was here to help burn off some of that puppy energy. 

Like most people, we are trying to "get back to normal", whatever the hell that means anymore.




1 comment:

Wanda said...

I hope Windsor fills your life with puppy love! Phoebe did not deserve to be dog napped 😒 and I am sad for your loss. Windsor has a regal name, I bet he will be a prince.