Saturday, July 7, 2012

GRRVC Show Tomorrow!

It's been another busy week getting ready for the solo show at Great River Road Visitor Center in Prescott, WI. I went up on Friday in the blistering heat and managed to get 20 paintings hung, the print rack stocked and a jewelry display set up in and hour and 15 minutes!

The Visitor Center is beautiful! Right on the river with beautiful gardens, paths, picnic areas and large shade trees. Inside are great exhibits of eagles, logging, wildlife and other natural and historic features of the area. There were many people passing through while I was setting up.......in spite of the horrific temperatures and humidity.

The 101 degrees on the way home was scorching and I was relieved to have gotten there and back. I ran out of lemonade and thought it was silly of me not to have had a GALLON of water with me.

The artist reception is tomorrow and it should be a much cooler trip this time!


2 comments:

Wanda said...

Shoot, I wish I would have read this sooner, Anders and I drove through Prescott (and past your place) as we took the Great River Road from Alma to St. Croix today on our way to Grantsburg. Ooops

Cher Marie said...

Good luck with your art show Sherri! It was nice seeing you yesterday!